‘Do I have anxiety?’ is a very common question. In today’s fast-paced world with all the usual problems we face - typically related to work, money and family - most of us lead stressful lives. But when do we know if we’re suffering from higher than normal levels of anxiety?
The short answer to this is time.
We can all expect to deal with daily stress, it’s inevitable. However, if symptoms and feelings of anxiety are experienced consistently over a period of time it’s time to pay attention to your body and do something about it.
I’ve put together the below 20 questions to help you recognise if you're suffering from higher than normal levels of anxiety. Think about how you've felt over the past month and answer the following 20 questions yes or no.
Quick Anxiety Test - 20 Questions
1. I find it difficult to relax
2. I focus on my problems
3. I think a lot about why I feel the way I do
4. If I argue with someone I think about it all day
5. I worry a lot
6. I find it hard to fall asleep
7. I feel tired and have a lack of energy
8. I'm not as happy as the people around me
9. I’m afraid of crowds or being left alone
10. I faint or feel like I might faint
11. I have little interest in activities and socialising
12. I feel light-headed or dizzy
13. I worry about my health
14. I’m nervous around other people
15. I'm self-critical
16. I'm easily alarmed or frightened
17. I tremble or feel shaky
18. I'm afraid of the future
19. I avoid situations because of anxiety
20. I don't feel good about myself
If you answered YES to more than half of them, it's a strong indication you're currently dealing with high anxiety.
A good place to start dealing with it is to share your experience.
ABOUT CARL VERNON
Carl Vernon is a best-selling author & speaker helping you deal with anxiety and stress.