Anxiety is biting and you need a solution, fast.
You jump on the computer and start searching Google for a quick fix. It doesn’t exist, but that doesn’t stop websites offering you one.
Before you punch in your card details I want you to take a step back and ask yourself: Is this person / company / website wanting to help me, or just wanting to take my money?
The seduction of money means that there won’t ever be a shortage of cowboys waiting to prey on the vulnerable, and the only way we’re going to get rid of these unscrupulous companies is to stop giving them money.
Don’t waste your time or money
The easiest way to save your time and money when looking for a solution for anxiety is to avoid methods and websites that immediately sell to you, usually using hard or hidden sales techniques to get you to buy their product.
They’re not always obvious, but some of the things to look out for include:
- A method offering a quick fix, elimination, or cure (they don’t exist).
- Methods offering high-priced products such as CD’s and DVD’s (they’re more interested in your money than they are in helping you).
- Celebrity endorsements (usually they’ve been paid to endorse the product).
- Money back guarantees (you expect a money back guarantee on a dishwasher - not your state of mind!).
- Old and tired methods that don’t work (like Distraction).
The truth is, you don’t need any of the above. You just need answers.
Getting answers, allowing them to sink in, and putting them in to practice will take a little longer than you want, but it’s well worth the wait. Don’t allow the fear that made you jump on the computer control your actions - it’s allowing the cowboys to flourish, and your self-esteem to plummet.
Be strong and patient - it’s the difference between quick fixes that don’t work, and lifetime change.
ABOUT CARL VERNON
Carl Vernon is a best-selling author & speaker helping you deal with anxiety and stress.